Kettering residents are being urged to take action to prevent the spread of Covid-19 cases by following local guidance to protect the local community and reduce transmission rates.
We all need to take some simple steps:
- Limit contact with others outside of your household or bubble
- Work from home if you can
- Keep 2 metres from others at all times, use a face covering where you are less than 2 metres apart
- Avoid using public transport or car sharing, wear face coverings if you cannot avoid these
- Avoid meeting those outside of your household or bubble in an indoor space
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly for 20 seconds each time
- Do not share items with others outside of your household or bubble
Covid-19 symptoms include:
- A high temperature
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
If you have Covid-19 symptoms:
- Do not go to work. Either work from home or report sick, self-isolate and get a test
- Stay at home, self-isolate and get a test
- Even if you only have mild Covid-19 symptoms, get a test
- If you are contacted by test and trace and asked to self-isolate, stay at home for 14 days
Coronavirus testing in Kettering
Walk-in coronavirus testing is available in Kettering town centre at a new Local Testing Site (LTS) available at London Road car park, NN15 7QA. The testing site is open from 8am to 8pm, seven days a week.
Coronavirus testing in Northamptonshire
There is now a page on the NCC website dedicated to sharing the latest information about COVID-19 testing. The page will be updated twice daily with details of mobile testing centres that are available across the county.
Testing is an important part of keeping COVID-19 under control. If you have symptoms of coronavirus or you have been in close contact with someone who has had symptoms, please self-isolate and get tested as soon as you can. Tests can be booked online or by calling 119. Alternatively, you can order a test which you can do at home.